Skip to main content

Symptoms

InfoPath SmartObject error after upgrading environment from 4.6.7 to 4.6.11 After upgrading versions, I receive the following error when attempting to action a Infopath workflow task :

InfoPath cannot submit the form.
Some rules were not applied.
The query cannot be run for the following DataObject: SmarObject_Create
InfoPath cannot run the specified query.
The SOAP response indicates that an error occurred on the server:

Server was unable to process request. ---> Invalid archive type

I have tried opening the process in the new client tools and redeploying after updating the design template, as well as redeploying the SmartObject. It would also be acceptable to remove this SmartObject from the InfoPath integration as it is no longer being used, but my attempts to remove it from the integration dialog in K2 studio as well as right clicking the form /integrate with smartobject menu results in the form being corrupted.

Diagnoses

Invalid Archive type usually means the upgrade didn't happened correctly and that some components are missing or with the wrong version.

Resolution

One of the SharePoint Web Front Ends had a previous version of K2 installed (4.6.7) After upgrading the components and the wrong version of k2 For sharepoin (2013). We executed the setup from the Installation package to upgrade to 4.6.11. Then form the SharePoint Central Admin, we executed the Setup Manager from the installation package and finish the installation. This time re ran thru the deployment of the new 4.6.11 K2 Web apps and reactivated the sites.

Once that was done, refreshing the InfoPath form Wizard and redeploying the workflow let us use the InfoPath form without issues.

Be the first to reply!