Skip to main content

Hello All,
We purchased Nintex Form and Workflow  for Office 365 recently. I have a special request for our legal team and would like to know how to deal with please.

They would like to have a workflow form where 3 department need to complete one form.

1. Customer service department will initiate and submit a request form with information.
  2. It will reach the quality and legal team who need to complete one part of the form them submit to Supply chain department
  3. Supply chain department will take action and update their action in the form and submit
  4. The form finally will return to quality and Legal team again and they will close the loop….

I started with a form like below but not sure how to manage the flow with the form…  and if it’s possible to in that way. The difficult part is:  the form and completed information should remain visible for approvers during the workflow progress…

Any advice will be appreciated. Please let me know if you need more information about my workflow to advice…

Thank you,

Regards,

I started with a form like below but not sure how to manage the flow with the form

you do not "manage the flow" with form. the flow is managed by workflow.

the form should only contain fields that you need to collect during approval and fields needed for approval decision.

for your scenario the most suitable will be the workflow based on state machine.

you likely will need states like

- quality fill in data

- legal fill in data

- supply chain action

- quality approval/close

- legal approval/close

within each state you should create a task and assign it to respective assignees (user(s) or group(s)).

once the task is responded you will switch the state machine to the other state/branch.

The difficult part is:  the form and completed information should remain visible for approvers during the workflow progress…

that's by design.

until you define by purpose some rules or appearance criterias that some form controls should be hidden or disabled they are all visible and allowed to edit.

Thank you very much Marian.

I will try in that way and will update you happy.png

regards,
Damien