Skip to main content

Hi;

After create a list item, I would like to assign a list item permission to the users in K2 role. So I use a Sharepoint Users Management to add a permission.

1. On the first page, I selected "Add Sharepoint Users and Group" and I assign the K2 role to this event > also I checked a break permission inheritance box (to not copy from site.)

2. Then the another event arise, "Manage Permission", everything is copied from the previous event but the forth page > I need to select the permission level.

3. I can deploy witout any error. But when I tested the process, in the add user permission step, I got this error :

"An unexpected error has occured while trying to resolve a value for Resolver Id 106C5886-18B1-4c09-BEB3-6F7342669D18."

4. I remove that k2 role from "Add User" event but still leave the k2 role in "Manage Permissions" > Everything works fine so far.

My questions are

1. Can I use K2 Role for assigning a permission in Add Sharepoint Users and Group Event?

2. Do I need to use Add Sharepoint Users and Group Event for add users permission or just use Manage Permission Event should be enough?

I got confused here... Please help me.

Thank you;

Nikki

Hi Nikki,

You will need to have the two events, the first will add the users to list and break inheritance, so only those users specified have permissions, the second will specify what permissions the users have.

I do not think that you can use a role directly here to set users/permissions. You may be able to create a smartobject that uses the User Role Manager ServiceURMGet Role Users method. You would then be able to use the smartobject method to get a list of users that come from the specified role (admittedly achieving this requires a good knowledge of configuring and using advanced smart objects.

Kind RegardsAndrew

Thank you Andrew.

K2 support also said I cannot use the K2 role in Sharepoint User Management.