Skip to main content
I had installed K2 Blackpearl on our production server using an Evaluation license, and then updated it with a 'Real' license when it became available.  I did not install the product on any workstations while the evaluation license was active.  Now, whenever I install blackpearl on a workstation, the configuration manager says that the license key is of type Evaluation and that the expiry date as already passed.  While it still lets me install and configure the product, visual studio fails to load the SourceCode package (Package Load Failure) due to what I am assuming are license key errors (invalid package load key).  Has anyone else experienced this?

I'm not sure about the first part of the question about the evaluation license, but I have seen the package load failure.  From what I recollect, there are two scenarios where you might see the load failure:

1).  A beta version of fblacpearl] was previously installed on the same machine.

2).  The developer components were installed on a drive other than C:

The first thing I would do would be to make sure any beta bits were completely removed, then try upgrading to SP1.  Make sure you read the installation instructions for SP1 to fully understand any requirements.

David

You can go into the hostserver database in SQL manager and open the table LicenseKeys to modify the key. Then restart K2 Services.