Skip to main content

Hi,

I install a standalone  K2 blackpearl on a Win2K3 R2 SP2 server with SS 2005 SP2 SSRS 2005 SP2 and MOSS2007 SP1

When i load K2 Workspace I had this erro message :

Unable to connect to "server name" on port 5252
No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.

K2 Blackpearl server service was started. I stopped and loaded it from the console, it repeats this line:

Info    7003 SourceCode.SmartFunctions.Runtime.SmartFunctionEngine not yet Loaded..

and sometimes these lines:

Error   2025 Error Marshalling SourceCode.Security.UserRoleManager.Runtime.UserRoleManagerServer.GetDefaultLabelName, Authentication required for session 4FACC53AA8B99E9DC690D84E530DB9F6
Error   2025 Error Marshalling SourceCode.Security.UserRoleManager.Runtime.UserRoleManagerServer.GetDefaultLabelName, Authentication required for session 4FACC53AA8B99E9DC690D84E530DB9F6
Error   8060 ProcessPacket Error, Authentication required for session 4FACC53AA8B99E9DC690D84E530DB9F6

Any ideas ?

Best Regards
Marc.

Did you install the K2 Server in a Farm mode? If so, you will need a SPN name for the Account that runs your K2 Host Server. I'm guessing you're seeing a message that looks similar to the following at some point in th trace as well:
Authentication With Server Failed : SEC_E_LOGON_DENIED

Something else, when you start the server in Console Mode, ensure that you use the account that runs the Service in Windows Services Manager. If you dont, you can expect issues as other accounts may not have sufficient permissions on all the components required.