Skip to main content

Symptoms

Error Deploying k2 Studio SP Workflow integration

Diagnoses

1 -- I am deploying first K2 Studio workflow integration process for testing this production environment at the end of the deployment process I am getting this error.
1 Error(s)
(TestWF) SmartObject Server Exception: Authorization failed. User: 'K2:DENALLIXAdministrator' Action: 'Publish SmartObject' . SmartObject: eTestWF Process Instances]
0 Warnings(s)

2 -- Also when I start the process and k2 takes the default setting for the site where the process is to be applied and I test the connection, it give me an error. I put the URL link validate OK and Proceed with no problem up to the error in Point 1 Above.

Resolution

1. We noticed that permission had been configured for Smartobject Administration as such we added the user and granted user "Publish" rights. Please check via K2 Workspace > Management > tServer:Port] > Smartobjects > Security > Smartobjects Administration if permission had been configured as per:

http://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2blackpearl/userguide/4.6.4/webframe.html_Reference-WS_MCon-SO_Security.html

Usually if permission has been configured for a user, other users will no longer have permission. If applicable, please add your account experiencing the error and give it Publish/Delete permission as retest.

2.  To refresh the K2 thick client designer > Object Browser > Environment to reflect what was configured in the environment library in K2 Workspace select the small drop-down arrow and select the "Refresh" option.

Be the first to reply!