Skip to main content

Symptoms

Error code 3004 Save forms

Diagnoses

Hello,

I have an error code 3004 when i try to save my rules in the forms. Therefore, i can't edit it.

Is there a correction package for this problem ?

Resolution

Hi Zied,

ISSUE:

Error saving a rule in designer: "Event message: Post size exceeded allowed limits. "

RESOLUTION:

It seems that the maximum amount of data that can be sent to the server has been reached. You can however increase the limit by modifying the web.config.

For more information, this has also been indicated in the KB article (http://help.k2.com/en/kb001564.aspx):-

•When creating a Form that consists of many Views and multiple States the Form rules are not visible after adding an additional State. This issue occurs when the Form definition increases and exceeds the "Maximum Request Length" specified in the web.config.

Could you try Open the web.config of your SmartForms site, find the following entry: and change the value to a larger number. The maximum allowed value is "2097151".

Note: As the message is in the designer, you need to modify the file
C:Program Files (x86)K2 blackpearlK2 smartforms Designerweb.config

You have 2 days to accept or reject this resolution. If you feel the issue is not resolved, please reject this resolution.
Otherwise, please take the opportunity to submit feedback, using the link included in this message.

Thanks, and regards
Olivier Chatagnon

Be the first to reply!