Skip to main content

Hi

I searched the forum and Googled, but I'm not sure if I even googling the correct thing.

I'm new to K2 and from the training I know to deploy a SmO Service/Service Broker, dll's had to be copied to the Servcie Broker folder. This is fine for training, but aint going to work in our environment.

My question thus. How do a deploy it properly and how do I redeploy when I have made some changes (regards to SmObjects already using the service)?

Hi,

The deployment process of customer service is

1.      Stop the K2 service

2.      Open "<K2 Instillation Drive>:Program FilesK2 blackpearlServiceBrokerBrokerManagement.exe".

3.      Click on “Configure Services”

4.      Configure Service Type: Right click on services and select “Register New Service Type” and enter values for service name. Select Assembly path from your local path.

5.      Configure Service Instance: right click on just created Service Type and select “Register New Service Instance” to create New Service Instance.

6.      Service Instance Configuration: Press “Save” Button to continue to next step.( this is the configuration section , where you can change the configuration of service ex: Database connection, SharePoint url , log file path etc…)

7.      Enter service instance details and click “Ok” to create service instance.

8.      Restart the K2 service.

Please find below url to find more information, when you moving SMO between different environments.

http://www.k2underground.com/blogs/pitchblack/archive/2008/07/16/keeping-your-service-guids-in-sync.aspx

I feel custom service deployment is painful approach. hope k2 should come up with simpler approach in future releases

/JP