Skip to main content

Is it possible to create a word document from a nintex form? 

The form will have a link and clicking on the link, a word document should open with details from the nintex form.

Thanks & Regards,

Usha

the link will it be on new/edit/view mode?

have you looked at ‌ as you could utilise this?

Assume you don't have enterprise forms (for print to PDF) or Document Generation?

Hello Cassy,

Thank you for the reference. This will give me some light on how to proceed.

But i have a concern here. The form has around 200 controls. Do you think there will be any problem in generating a word document with data from 200 controls.

Also, i do not want to show the fields which do not have any value.

Thanks & Regards,

Usha

Hi Usha,

200 controls won't be a problem, I used the action in scenarios like this already.

However it's difficult to only show controls that have a value. Update document action basically defines placeholders in the word document, that can be filled out with values from workflow variables / columns and so on. As you usually want to have a label in the document and not only the value, the label will remain even if there is no value to save.

If thats not apropriate it might be better to have a look at the print to PDF Forms Enterprise feature. This will respect your form's rules that can hide controls without values.

Best regards

Enrico

Hi Enrico,

I see that there is a way to create a document in document library or attach to a list item using nintex workflow.

My document template is of 45 pages and i believe it shouldnt be an issue while creating the word document.

Thanks & Regards,

Usha

Hello Enrico,

I am now able to update a word document. But the problem i see is, in my content control there is a header, and content in paragraph. When i am updating the content, it only update the header but not all the content in the content control.

Where do you think i might have gone wrong while updating the content?

Thanks & Regards,

Usha

Also the content control i am using in word document is rich content control.