Skip to main content

Hello,

Is it possible to connect a K2BP workflow to a SharePoint 2007 content type?

Hi,

There're different process types in K2 like default process, InfoPath, SharePoint Event Process and SharePoint Integration Process.

With SharePoint Integration Process, you could associate a workflow with a particular content type in a site collection.

To do: Create a SharePoint Integration Process in VS2005, and in the wizard select the content type that you want the process be associated with (for example LeaveForm content type).

Complete the design and deploy....

You should be able to start a K2 MOSS workflow in any document library which has the content type assigned. 

Regards,

Thanks this is exactly what my client and I wanted to know. At the moment I'm more familiar with MOSS than K2 ...

If you've already played with MOSS workflow (I mean, without K2, simply the MOSS workflow engine), you'll be happy to know that Blackpearl wizard called "Sharepoint Workflow Integration" is making use of MOSS workflow. That being said, everything you could do with it can be done with Blackpearl. Moreover, such a Blackpearl process appears exactly like a MOSS workflow when bound to a library or content type: you can remove it, change some parameters, add it to another library / content type, etc.