Skip to main content

I've created a cloud workflow which has been published. I've now noticed that there is a separate draft version that seems to be connected by an arrow. (see screenshot attached)

I want to delete the draft, however I'm worried that it is somehow connected to the published version and I don't want the published version to be affected/deleted. 

Can anyone shed any light on what this draft version is?

Hi @harfmt,

The draft version will appear when you hit the 'Save' button in the workflow designer. This will create a new branch of the workflow that can be edited while the published version is what will run when the workflow is called.  If you publish the draft version, it will take the place of the published version. This allows you to make edits to a workflow without interrupting the published process. 

You should be good to delete the draft version without any impact to the published version of the workflow. The only area where I would urge caution is if there are changes currently being made in the draft version that werent applied to the published version. If you delete the draft, any changes in the draft will be lost.

Thanks,
Dan

Thanks Dan. Much appreciated.