Skip to main content

One of my infopath client event activity is asking open or save ie in downloader where as the other client event activities are opening in the browser perfectly..What might be problem??

Hi,

Maybe the current view used a non compatible Form Services feature.

Have you tried the infopath design checker? use the following blog post for mmore details http://www.k2underground.com/blogs/fromthebench/archive/2008/11/13/infopath-tip-my-form-won-t-open-in-form-services.aspx.

HTH

I checked with the design checker before uploading, it didnt show any error. Also the infopath is a content type form, if it had design errors it would ve shown the design error at the time of uploading via the central admin. Correct me if im wrong??
When this happens to us, it is usually because the InfoPath form is pointing to the wrong environment, such as when deploying to STAGING using a form that was last deployed to DEV.  To be absolutely sure, we always save the source of the infopath form and do a find and replace on our DEV server name with our STAGING server name.

but everything was pointing the the staging environment when we deployed the form. all the variables are picked up from staging env library..

Not always true - I don't have specifics, but we've gotten into the habit of doing a search-replace just to be sure that all data connections are pointing to the right environment.