Skip to main content

I have a big problem: I used to be able to submit Infopath forms to start a K2 Blackpearl process, but now I get an error, which in Sharepoint log appears as "K2:NT AUTHORITYANONYMOUS LOGON does not have permissions to start the process".

My user account is not recognized anymore! As far as I know, nothing has changed on the Kerberos side (because it's a multi-server environment).

The problem occurs with existing AND newly created workflow.

Any idea before I begin investigations with Ethereal?

So this used to work and it just stopped working?  Were any updates or hotfixes applied?

Any errors in the event log?

It worked after we applied hotfix 2.01; nothing new has been installed.

In Windows event log I can just see the anonymous logon attempt. I am used to this kind of problem with Kerberos, but here I checked the whole authentication chain and I can't spot anything odd.

It's working again! I've just changed a SPN associated to our Blackpearl service account.

One month ago we modifyed Blackpearl Server port number to enable the simultaneous use of K2.net 2003 and K2 Blackpearl, but the Configuration Wizard did not update the SPN, so we had a SPN refering to port 5252 whereas it is now 5353.

Our processes were still working for some weeks after that because we tested them from the MOSS front-end itself, being then in a one-hop only situation (no Kerberos needed).

Ahhh Kerberos, how do i love thee let me count the ways