Skip to main content

Hi all:

I`m making a custom setup of SP4. First make a copy of the K2.Net server 2003 folder and then overwrite the bin folder with an uncompressed folder of SP4. I've stopped the K2.Net server 2003 service before and there is not any reference to por 5252 open on the server.

the problem is that when I want to overwrite the K2Server.exe file, i get the "access denied" message. 5 minutes later it has been possible to overwrite the file.

My question is:

Stopping the services and waiting for all instances of por 5252 to be closed is not enought ?

thanks in advance

I'm not sure why you'd make a custom setup like this, but when you request the service to stop, it can take some time for it to completely shut down.  That is because the K2 server has a number of threads and asynchronous processing it must flush before being able to exit.  You can check task manager on the server for the occurrence of K2server.exe.  When it is not there then it should be completed with all it's processing. Perhaps this has something to do with what you are experiencing.

thanks for your reply Bob. I'll start to work on a solution for it