Skip to main content

I have created a new column on SharePoint list to overcome the Nintext workflow history to be deleted by time job, How do I Batch copy historical Nintext workflow status value to newly created coloumn? Do I need run the modified workflow manually on all historical list data or there is a way to automate it. Could you please provide me the steps or any sample such as looing the list and update each.

Many thanks in advance.

Erkin,

Are you simply trying to capture the status of the workflow and copy that to a SharePoint field instead of the Workflow Status column?

There are two ways to do this in a batch approach. You should be able to open the list in datasheet view and I would copy the column and paste the data - this is the easiest approach.

Secondly, you could create a workflow to run against an item, capture the status field and copy that to another field. I don't recommend this as its resource intensive for copying data in a batch process. However, you may want this workflow to run in the future against a single item as its created or updated. 

Does that help?