Automate Release of Worklist Item: From InfoPath

• 8 June 2009
  • 1 reply
  • 1 view

Badge +6

I would like to send mutliple users a task, but enable them all to open it, save it for later, and complete the task whenever they are ready to do so. In the end only one user should be able to complete the task. Tasks will be sent as InfoPath forms, web-enabled forms services.

I have configured the activity destination set as follows...

Plan per destination, Plan all at once, Slot = 1, Resolve all roles and groups to users, added 3 groups to the destination as seperate sets, each having their own set rule, based on a value in a drop down on the InfoPath form.

All is working fine since all users recieve the task at the same time, but... when one user opens the task, the status is changed from available to open which is correct. Let's say this user only want to update the task and not complete it. I have configured bith a update (Save) and complete (Submit) action to accomplish that. Therefore, the first user to select the submit action, will complete the task.

Problem: When the user only updates the task and submit the form, the task (worklist item) status is not changed to available again, thus still open, meaning that all other users will not be able to open/view the task. How can I automate the release of the task based on the action when the user submit the form?

I do not wish to use managed code behind the InfoPath form. The only other alternative would probably be to create a custom web service, exposing a method that make use of the K2BP API that receives a SN (serial number) of a worklist item, and then release it. Then I could use rules on the form to execute the web service method (external datasource) to release the task based on the action chosen when the for is submitted.

Any suggestions? Could this work? I am just not sure whether K2 will not override the call since the submit of the task will be the last rule on the form to be performed when it is submitted?

1 reply

Badge +6

I managed to solve this one by using different slot allocation and a succeeding rule...

The destination planning should be changed to:

- plan per destiantion

- plan all at once

- create a slot for each destination

- resolve all roles/groups to users

- succeeding rule: At least 1 outcome = value