Skip to main content

Hi All,

I've got some problem with k2 authentication. It is occor about one time in 2-4 week. My organize use k2.net 2003 sp2a and 2 windows servers 2003 work with loadbalance hardware. We set it up with kerberos authentication.

Sometime Webapplication can not authenticate with k2 on kerberos setting. Ans also K2 service manager can not authenticate too. I've got error like "Authentication with server failed" on K2 service manager. When error occured, it failed only one server, not both servers on same time.

Error logs are following: 

file: K2Error.txt

07-09-50 02:19:58    AuthNative: AcceptSecurityContext failed: The logon attempt failed
07-09-50 02:20:11    AuthNative: AcceptSecurityContext failed: The logon attempt failed
07-09-50 02:21:37    AuthNative: AcceptSecurityContext failed: The logon attempt failed
07-09-50 02:21:38    AuthNative: AcceptSecurityContext failed: The logon attempt failed

file K2Server.log

07-09-50 02:19:18    Authentication with server failed
07-09-50 02:19:23    Authentication with server failed
07-09-50 02:19:37    Authentication with server failed

Temporary solution is restart k2 server service. But it is not good way to do. What are root causes of this problem? I try to search on history topic, but i can not found any topicrelated to this problem. T_T

Thank you for kindly help :)

I have seen these errors before when there are Kerberos issues either with the configuration or with the environment.

You might want to turn on Kerberos logging to get the errors in the event log.

See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q262177/

This might be useful to identify if there are configuration/environment related issues that is causing your kerberos setup to fail.

Further to Johnny's advice... 

Have you tried setting the 'DisableLoopbackCheck' registry setting?

Please refer to KB article #98 for description.

Regards,

Ockert

Thanks Johnny and Ockert.

I've been set 'DisableLoopbackCheck' =1. Then I will check error log on kerberos messages and tell you later for the result. Thanks again :)

//arnondhc

Hi arnondhc

Have you any further news regarding you Kerberos issue. We also have a very good KB article that may assist you in troubleshooting Kerberos which you can find at http://kb.k2workflow.com/articles/kb000171.aspx

Let us know if any of this helps you.

Kind regards

Christian