EuanGamble
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Re: New Resposonsive (Office365) - Current limitations

Jump to solution

Hi @zbean,

We do not have the ability to limit the options in a List Lookup in Nintex New Responsive for Office365, however you can filter out options in Nintex Workflow Cloud Forms using the Data Lookup control.

Cheers,

Euan

0 Kudos
zbean
Forms Fledgling

Jump to solution

Hey @EuanGamble 

I do have this set up in o365 to limit options in the child control based on the parent control, those all work well actually and sometimes I drive these with a helper list if you want to call it that (2nd list in SharePoint).

The idea I am looking at now is to remove values from the lookup, or trim the look up, if one value is used in the child list.  So, if I have 100 lookup values from my parent list and 20 are already used as new rows in the child list, I should only see the remaining 80.

This way, when users add new items to the child list, they only get to pick through items that are not in the list already.  Guessing there is some configuration I missed in the video that does this for NWC, which would be cool.  We have not started using NWC yet for other reasons.

Thank you

0 Kudos
ben_nadler
Design Dabbler

Jump to solution

There seems to be another Choice field limitation that I don't see mentioned here, and that is how NR Forms handles legacy choices made it forms where the choices later become obsolete. I’ve heard this from a few of my clients who I’ve sold Nintex to that this is important to them

Consider the following example of a Choice column, with 3 options:

ben_nadler_0-1615996694232.png

Several users fill out the form, with some of them picking “Choice 3” for the field.

ben_nadler_1-1615996694236.png

You then make a change to the column, removing Choice 3 as an option, and adding a new choice.

ben_nadler_2-1615996694239.png

When you reopen the older forms, even in display mode, the choices that were previously made no longer display

ben_nadler_3-1615996694241.png

I think it would be important to show whatever someone had previously selected when filling out the form, even if that choice is no longer a valid option.

0 Kudos
EuanGamble
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @ben_nadler,

Thanks for bring that to my attention. We are discussion internally how we may manage that in the future.

Cheers,

Euan

0 Kudos
rtsp94
Design Dabbler

Jump to solution

Hello,
I am hoping there is a simple answer to my question.  

Where are attachments that are not associated with the default SharePoint List attachments  located? For example, I have two Attachment modules on my Form but only one (the default) is accessible via the SharePoint List Details.  How can I access the other attachments from the other Attachment module on my form?

Thanks

Ramon

0 Kudos
EuanGamble
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @rtsp94,

I just put two upload controls onto a form and put files in each, and both files show up in the details pane. Are you having a different experience?

Cheers,

Euan

rtsp94
Design Dabbler

Jump to solution

Hi @EuanGamble 

You are correct, I was able to see both attachments from the two individual File Uploads on the form.  I do have another problem with attachments.  If I upload a attachment to a list using the Nintex File Upload on the form and then delete the attachment from the SharePoint List details area, the Nintex File Upload area leaves a Ghost attachment (unclickable) in the File Upload Area.  This is also the case if I use a Power Automate workflow to delete the file.  Please see attached video.

0 Kudos
zbean
Forms Fledgling

Jump to solution

Hello @EuanGamble 

Is it a known limitation, or maybe even bug, that the choice fields don't update when a change to a value is made on the SharePoint side?  It requires you to open the form designer and re-publish the form.

I believe the updates happened automatically on the Responsive forms, without requiring the form to be re-published.

Thanks!

EuanGamble
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @zbean,

We only update choices when you open the designer. This was by design as we assumed if someone is changing the list schema, they would also update the form at the same time.

Cheers,

Euan

EricV
Forms Fledgling

Jump to solution

Hi @EuanGamble 

If I select a "Calender" and click on "Today" and after that on "Done", no value will be filled in the field. Is this a bug? I experienced this in different browsers on my laptop and on a android tablet.

TodayValue.PNG

0 Kudos