Nintex RPA - Excel data to website

• 24 April 2024
  • 9 replies

Badge +4

Nintex RPA - How do I extract data from excel and enter that data in a website?  The spreadsheet has one column.  I need to move from row to row until all the numbers have been used. 
Once the number is in the data field on the website, I then need to run a process and go back to excel and get the number out of the next row. 
 have been trying to use ‘get worksheet’ and ‘copy from excel’, but I don’t think I am on the right track.

9 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

@CherylH recommend going thru the Nintex University RPA courses such as below to get familiar with support for Excel and other capabilities. 

Badge +4

Thank you Sasan.  I guess I didn’t know how to ‘search’ for help with Excel.  I am looking into this to see if it can help me with my questions.

Badge +4

These courses were great!  Thanks for sharing this information.  I found there were issues with me working remotely → in the office that resulted in issues with my RPAs.  I really appreciate the response!

Badge

CherylH- What issues were you having when working remotely? The display size and %?

Badge +4

No, I don’t think it was the size or %.  When in the office the wizards seem to run consistent, whereas, at times, working remote, I may receive an error for page not found or something similar.  I have been working with our IT group and they may have it figured out.  It seems to be working better now.  Thank you for responding!

Badge

OK- I was asking because I was having a similar issue. I found that I can only get it to work successfully if I stick with one specific display. I remote desktop into a workstation that runs Nintex. I’ve found that I have to keep the remote desktop window on my second monitor only. If I put it on my laptop screen it will fail. Just wanted to share in case that’s the same issue for you.

Badge +4

That is good to know.  I can run a wizard from my desktop and it works fine, with a few minor exceptions.  But when I have the Robot to run it, there are a few things that are different.  A browser window will open but it will not go any further.  Then I have added a Control Window State that will close the browser window, and it won’t work either.  Does any of that sound familiar? 

We have our display settings for the bot workstation to match mine. 

Badge

So, what’s interesting is that I’m currently having this same issue right now. When I have the Robot run the script it will launch MS Edge (which is the 3rd step) and won’t go any further. I get Window not found. I opened a case for it this morning. It all works if I watch the Robot run it… So, if the Robot gets triggered while I’m Remote Desktopped into the workstation that it runs on, it will run. But if I’m not, it launches the browser and then fails with Window Not Found.  I will keep you posted on any progress…

I have a control window state command further in the script and it does work while I watch it. I haven’t gotten there without watching it yet.

Badge +4

Funny.  That is exactly what happens for me.  Now, if it tries and fails, then I can run it again and it will work.  I am have added a ‘pause’ or two and a ‘click on HTML object’ before entering the user ID.  Probably won’t work either but I am just trying a few things.  I guess I need to get a ticket open as will with support.  No need in letting this linger.

On the ‘control window state’ - it will work on my workstation but not on the Bot workstation.

Let me know if you hear anything.