OAuth Advance Preview for Nintex Automation Cloud

• 24 April 2024
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Have you ever wanted more control over client apps’ access to Nintex Automation Cloud APIs? Or have you needed to build a client app that could act on a user's behalf but couldn’t?

We are excited to announce these problems can be solved using OAuth, which has just entered Advance Preview!

OAuth lets client applications act on behalf of a Nintex Automation Cloud user. Each user must consent to the application accessing their data and be informed of the data the application will access. Nintex Automation Cloud administrators can use scopes to restrict the APIs client applications can access to improve security and governance further.

Who should participate in an OAuth advance preview?

Our ideal candidates are customers who have built apps using Nintex Automation Cloud APIs with app or personal access tokens or customers who have wanted to build an app using Nintex Automation Cloud APIs but haven’t been able to with the existing authentication mechanisms.

What will be required of me if I do participate?

The main thing we need you to do is start building with OAuth! After you’ve spent a few weeks building, we’d love to catch up for an interview and ask questions about your experience. That’s it.

What do I get for being a part of the Advance Preview?

You get early access to this exciting new feature and the opportunity to give your feedback directly to the Nintex team that built it.

If you want to know more, please respond to this community post.

0 replies

Be the first to reply!