Question

How to see previous data after field update to choice column

• 19 April 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Hello Nintex Family,

I have a issue currently where I’ve updated a single line SP text field to a choice drop down field.  I’ve removed the field from Nintex form and readded and confirmed everything is working perfect on newly created items and the drop down field.  The issue is when a user goes to open a existing item and chooses to edit, the field turns totally blank instead of showing the actual previous field that was entered in the Single text field.  

The previous entries that went into the single text field before are not options that are available in the new choice field that it’s been converted to.  Even though it’s showing blank, I can click save and it does still keep the previous value but of course this is causing users to be totally confused when they edit a item and see blank box.  What is needed to make sure previous values still show in this converted choice drop down field even though that value does not match any of the choices?  The actual SharePoint field is set to allow fill in choices also.

Thanks N Advance!

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +22

Hi @fortyone,

The only way I can think of to resolve this issue is to edit every existing item that has the issue, add the value as a fill-in choice, and then save the form.

Badge +1

Would it be possible to somehow maybe create a text field and add a rule somehow to show the original single line text fields if the new choice field is blank? Thnx