cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

trigger workflow on delete item Event

Jump to solution

Hi All,

I have a requirement where in i am copying the item from one list to other list. So if i am deleting any item from first list , that particular item should also get deleted from second list also. So, my question here is, Is there any way to trigger the worklflow on item deletion event.?

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: trigger workflow on delete item Event

Jump to solution

I'm not aware of a way to trigger a WF on deletion.  However as a workaround, you could change permissions so no one can delete an item from the list.  Then build a "Delete" WF that a person can run from the menu of the item.  That workflow would handle deleting that item, then looking up and deleting the item from the other list.

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Create a column in the first list to save the item ID of the item in the second list or save the URL of the item in the second list. Then you will be able to delete the item from the second list and then delete the current item.

This is the same way Brendan Murphy meant but only with my words.

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

You can override the List Item delete event handler. It is a programers job but it is somewhat quite simple. Then it can call a workflow that meet your requirements upon to an item deletion.

0 Kudos