Solved

Submit Button on Task Form

• 19 April 2024
  • 6 replies

Badge +2

How do I determine where data that is entered into a form task is submitted? I have a workflow that is set up as follows, with new list item event which has a connection to my SharePoint Online list, and the form for data entry follows:

icon

Best answer by Garrett 24 April 2024, 10:43

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @csergent7 

Nintex tasks are no longer connected to sharepoint lists in automation cloud, the information submitted is retuned first back into the instance its self as a variable object (named the same as the task title) 

if you wish to return the values to any platform including sharepoint then once the task reaches an outcome you then update said system with the appropriate action. 

please let me know if I have misunderstood your post, but I hope this helps.

Jake 

Userlevel 5
Badge +20

Hi @csergent7 
Has Jake’s reply answered your question?

Badge +2

I still don’t understand how the submit button works. Do I need to create an add new item after the individual clicks the submit button on the form?

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @csergent7 

You are using a Nintex O365 Form as the initial form.
Upon form submission, a new List item is created in your SPO List.
This will also trigger an event which will trigger the NAC workflow.

Your NAC workflow has a “Assign Task” item.
Regardless of the outcome and what was captured in the Task form - Nothing has been saved to the SPO List item. The data just exist as variables in NAC.

In order to save to the SPO List, you need to specify a “SharePoint - Update Item” action.
In that action, you can specify the column and the value to save.

Badge +2

Here is the process that I used to attempt to create a new list item. Where am I going wrong

1. Created a start event for NewList Item for SharePoint Online and added set no conditions.
  2. Added Assign a Task to Multiple Users
  3. Configured Task Form
  4. I had the following form fields named: txtFirstName, txtLastName, txtYearsProgramming, and cboFavoriteSciFi
  5. Next step, I added Update Items for my list
  6. My conditions were set as follows, with First Name for example, a name of column in my SP list and txtFirstName being the name of the form field on my form.
  7. I save my workflow, and when I publish it, the update items goes back to needs to be configured

My overall Workflow. I thought that the named objects on the form would be stored in the fields of my list

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @csergent7 

The Condition should be as follows

If you have a SharePoint Start event, you will need to pass the ID variable from the start event. 

Specify the ID variable as the condition above. This should only update a single record or List item in the list.

Rookie Mistake:
Failure to set this condition will cause the the Update Items action will write to all records.