Question

Nintex Automation Cloud: SharePoint Online Start Event Condition Builder: Missing field

• 16 April 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge +3

Hello,

the condition builder seems to display most fields as an option to define when the workflow should start.

But one managed metadata field is not being displayed as an option for the condition builder.

Interestingly a different managed metadata field is being displayed as an option.

How does the Start Event Confition Builder differentiate which fields to display as an option?

How can I make the missing field appear as an option?

Thank you in advance!

Best regards Niklas

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @NiklasG 

There are a few limiting factors when it comes to start event conditions, date fields and some data types are not supported. this is not because Nintex cannot support them, instead its more that those fields are not served by SharePoint to the API we can react to.

It is odd indeed that one managed meta data field is shown but another is not, I would think perhaps this might be because there is a limit on how many of the fields are supported by the API, the limits of which I don’t remember of the top of my head.

A good approach might be to use a calculated column that stores in single line text, this normally works.

Jake. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +20

Hi @NiklasG 

Did this response answer your question?