Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

show panel based on dropdown box value

Jump to solution

hey all,

fairly new to Nintex Forms.

I have a Dropdown box and if the dropdown box is equal to "Other" i want it to display a textbox accordingly.

I can get this working to a degree.

1) if i use Contains(Port,"Other") It Hides it when Other is selected. but the panel displays correctly (see attachment nintex.png) ( i know this is just because of how i checked the hidden but it's to show that the panel displays correctly using this method)

2) if i use not(contains(port,"Other") the Panel appears under some of the other data when "other" is selected. (nintex2.png)

Can anyone explain how i can get the panel to display correctly when "Other" is chosen rather than just appearing underneath

the method "not(Contains(port,"Other") is my desired outcome.

Labels: (2)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
pwp08a
Nintex Newbie

Re: show panel based on dropdown box value

Jump to solution

Make sure your panel is not overlapping with any other controls.  I've had display problems with panels if it they touch controls outside the panel.  Might check that resize at runtime is enabled as well.

View solution in original post

greenawayr
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

Also, is there a reason why you've used contains rather than equals, or not equals?

You could just use port!="Other".

I say this just in case one of your other choice options ever contains the word "other" at some point.

jesse_mchargue
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Jump to solution

Hello Lee Tyler​ -

Parker Petty​ and Ryan Greenaway​ have some good points.

Make sure you panel does not overlap with anything else. This can get aggravating as they may be overlapped by 1 or 2 pixels. I usually add the panel I want to hide, test it, then move the rest of the form up right under the panel. I have had to delete and recreate too many panels because the ordering has been off an they overlap!

Also, I would do as Ryan said, try using not(equals(Port,"Other") then check the "Hide" option.

Hope this helps!

Not applicable

Jump to solution

thanks! nice and simple! really appreciate your help