cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

retreiving flexi task approval comments

Jump to solution

I am very new to Nintex and I eed some help with this. I made a very simple workflow with a flexi task and query list box below that. This is the example I found that is simlar to what I am doing.

https://community.nintex.com/message/2241?sr=search&searchId=a513650c-cbbb-4aac-afca-a8cd8b4085a7&se...

I have assign the taskID to the flexi task and selected that in the query list box. Now I need to know how to select the comments. There is not a selection in the Field dropdown at the bottom for comments. It does not look like what it shown in the example. The Field dropdown at the bottom does not contain anything related to comments. Dont know what I am doing wrong here any help is appreciated.

query1.jpg

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: retreiving flexi task approval comments

Jump to solution

Hi,

have you saved/published (I don't remember which action is required) a Nintex workflow on that site? After the right action, some columns will be added to the specified workflow task list like ApproverComments, you can set that field as the one in the query action..

A different way to get the comment is to set a variable to the Common reference "Approver Comments" that stores user, date and comments (note that if multiple user are assigned to the task, it will retrieve all their comments)

Giacomo

Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

One of the Common references is for the last approver's comments and another is for ALL approver's comments.

Not applicable

Jump to solution

Not sure if you have figured it out already (it has been some time). But i'm assuming that you are not querying the Workflow Task list but rather your own custom list. The custom list does not contain the ApproverComments field. You have to query the Workflow Task list that you are using where your flexi task is created. Default that will be the "Workflow Task" list.

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

I am trying to capture the Task result comments in my project as well. When a task is rejected I have selected the task outcome to require comments. Then in the reject path I have created a Query List action, and set it to "Query Builder, Workflow Tasks, filter to ID=[ID_TaskID]," but, like OP, I see no field called ApproverComments in the Field dropdown.

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Hi Daniel,

if you publish the workflow (or maybe just save it, I don't remember if it's enough) and then you'll open back the Query List action, youìll find the Approver Comments (and other fields).

This is because Nintex have to instantiate the content type to the task list before having these fields on the list.

Giacomo

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Hello,

My Requirement is when a user select any of the task (Task Completed, Task Cant,be completed or Delegate Task) the user should be put some listed comments which he needs to select from the drop down.

How can i enable that drop down with all the custom comments, which user need to fill before doing any action.

0 Kudos