cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

in a repeating section, how do I grab list items and assign to a separtate item?

Here is what I have:

Office 365 Nintex Forms and Office 365 Nintex WorkFlow

Here is what I need to accomplish:

Look at the attached image files.

In the repeating section, I would like to have Cost automatically updated with the Product list Cost Column from the selected Product Name

For example, if I select Widget2 from the drop down list, I want the cost field in the repeating section to auto populate with 0.12.

Can this be done?

Labels: (3)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
Not applicable

Re: in a repeating section, how do I grab list items and assign to a separtate item?

Here are the PNG Image filesProductList.PNGRepeatingSection.PNG

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Re: in a repeating section, how do I grab list items and assign to a separtate item?

Hello,

You'll probably have to write some custom Javascript - I believe O365 version is still lacking the lookup function.   Here is a post on how to achieve the lookup:  How to query a SharePoint list from another list in Nintex Forms for O365.

Thanks!

Mike

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Thanks for taking the time to reply Mike.  I already have the lookup list functioning.  That is how I was able to post the images that are attached to the OP.   The list lookup is functional in Office 365 version  That is not the issue that I am asking for help with.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Hi David,

If I understand the question, you want "cost" to fill upon selecting something from your product lookup.   In the on-premise version you can do this with a calculated field, but there is a function called 'lookup' - this is the lookup to which I am referring.  

Now - if you did not want to use a calculated field (assuming the lookup function was available) and you wanted to fill a "text box" control - you'd have to write custom JS to accomplish this no matter what version you were using.

-Mike

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Thanks Mike.  I will look into what it will take to do this via JS. 

Accept as Solution Reply
Highlighted
Not applicable

Mike,

I am having some general difficulties getting simple JavaScript to work.  I have started a new thread in the Nintex For Office 365 Section.

Nintex Forms and JavaScript basics

Let me know if you have any thoughts on why I can't get past simple JS commands.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

I would suggest another method to do that.

The data in your product list could be only populated from the main form (i). Then you can imagine a workflow running at creation and edition of this main form that will create/edit/delete the associated product lines in your associated list.

Repeating section data is stored as XML in a connected multi-lines field or in the FormData hidden field. You can use "Query XML" action to extract information from this field and to created/edit/delete the correct information to your associated list.

Don't forget to populate a name to each control Inside your repeating section to have a more readable XML.

Hope this helps

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Dear Daved

please find the article:

Nintex Form, Repeating Section With Lookup data from another list | ibrahimaliblog

i hope it will be helpful.

B.R

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Hi David

Did you work out how to do this? I'm looking to do exactly the same thing as the lookup function in a calculated field is still not available in office 365 forms.

Thanks

Martin

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply