cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

how to hide ribbon edit tab

Jump to solution

Hi

I would like to hide the ribbon edit tab, I know if I want to hide the ribbon I should add the following code in custom JavaScript NWF$("#s4-ribbonrow").hide(); but don't know how to hide only the edit tab and let the brows tab stay.

Labels: (1)
6 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: how to hide ribbon edit tab

Jump to solution

I'm curious where you need this to occur. Is this for any list item, or on an edit form, or somewhere else? Do you have a custom Nintex Form being displayed? Just trying to understand the context of the page at the time as that can control the ribbon.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I am using a custom Nintex Form .When I click on the new item on the list my Nintex Form shows up and I don't want the ribbon's edit tab to be displayed because we have added a branding to the sharepoint site and I would like to have that branding to be dispayd all the time on top of the page. Let me share with you some snapshots:

here is the branding on top of the site

here is snap shot when I click on new item

here is what I would like to see ...the default to brows tab and not displaying the edit tab

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

But if you really need to hard code something, you can hide the Manage group in the listitem tab by

#Ribbon\.ListItem\.Manage { display:none; }

So you may be able to hide the whole List Item tab by

#Ribbon\.ListForm\.Edit-title {display:none:}

That will hide the tab from use.

But doing so can have adverse affects as the user may have limited ability during an item edit.

Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

I would be very careful doing so as this is fully context based. The first item in the new form is getting focus and the edit tab and ribbon displays responsively. This means that mc-cui-topbar2 has classes dynamically added to the div to control the visibility of other divs, and a new div ms-cui-tabContainer is added dynamically and removed when you click on browse. If you begin to hide everything you will mess with the responsiveness of the ribbon and hide the Edit tab completely or the whole ribbon. Because HTML is added on the fly as you click in the ribbon, be very careful with any changes. But if you want to remove the edit tab for the form, I provided the class.

Not applicable

Jump to solution

great thanks

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

No problem. Does this answer your question?

0 Kudos