cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

calculate reminder date, run if reminder date is 30 days from due date, send notification

Jump to solution

Hello, I am a Nintex Newbie. 

I need to send an email notification for an award due date that is 30 days away.  I created a SharePoint list with 4 columns (including awardname, awardduedate, etc).  Below is the current workflow I have. The issue with this workflow is that the email notifications are being generated for all of the awards I have populated on the SharePoint list.   

workflow.PNG

For example, I received an email notification correctly for an award with a due date 30 days away (i.e. today is 3/12, and the award is due 4/12). 

Due4.12.PNG

Unfortunately, I also received an email notification erroneously for an award  with a due date that is more than 30 days away. 

Due6.12.PNG

In addition, I also received an email notification erroneously for an award with a due date that is upcoming, but the 30 day mark has already passed (i.e. the 30 day mark was 2/20). 

Due3.20.PNG

The main issue appears to be with the "Run if" - I have tried several variations (after searching forums/posts) and none have worked.  I tried using the "Current Date" from the "Common" tag.  After that I created the variable "varTodaysDate" after reading this forum here.  What can I do to correct this? 

Runif.PNG

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Re: calculate reminder date, run if reminder date is 30 days from due date, send notification

Jump to solution

In addtion, here are all of the workflow details: 

(1)  Query list

Query1.PNG

(2) Run if 

Runif.PNG

(3) Query list

Query2A.PNGQuery2B.PNG

(4) Calculate date

Calc.PNG

(5) Run if (as seen above in original post) 

(6) Send notification

Noti.PNG

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Re: calculate reminder date, run if reminder date is 30 days from due date, send notification

Jump to solution

Hi!

I see that your mail action is directly nested in the for each action. So whatever you calculate, the last action will always be to send the mail. I think what you intended to do is to nest it in the run if action.

While I'm unsure if the run if condition will work as expected this would be the first thing needed to make the workflow run correctly.

Best regards

Enrico

Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Hi - thanks for the reply. 

Unfort. when I try that, I end up receiving zero notification emails... any other ideas?

Nest.PNG

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Hi, 

It's working now.  My Run if needed to be changed.  

So now it looks like: 

(5) Runif v2.PNG

With, Run if nested with Send notification:  

Nest.PNG

Thanks for replying! 

View solution in original post