cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Workflow Migration

Hi I am trying to migrate a Nintex workflow from SharePoint 2010 to SharePoint Online using the ShareGate migration tool version 5.6. However, it keeps giving me error messages. It says the workflow template is not copied properly.

We have a large number of users with workflows which will need to be migrated from SharePoint 2010 to SharePoint Online.

Is anybody able to help?

Thanks,
Neville

Labels: (1)
5 Replies
Highlighted
Not applicable

Re: Workflow Migration

Hi Neville,

I would suggest using Sharegate 5.7 (released few days ago) in order to get all the new addition for O365. If you still have the same error message, please send an email to support@share-gate.com and you'll have an answer there for sure!

Thanks!

Seb

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hi Seb,

Thanks for your response. As soon as ShareGate 5.7 was released I tested it on 3 of our workflows.

It did partially migrate the workflow and where an action was not available a placeholder was inserted which may be helpful for simpler workflows.

However for complex workflows especially with branching if there is an action not available earlier on in the workflow it adds the placeholder and does not not include any of the further actions.

Thanks,

Neville

0 Kudos
Not applicable

That is correct Neville.

We are working with Nintex so that they can implement this inside the API available to us. Hopefully, we'll be able to add this possibility in a few. At least, you can now redo this manually without the need to rebuild the entire workflow.

Thanks!

Seb

0 Kudos
Not applicable

By the way Neville, can you export the workflow source and send it to support@share-gate.com (please reference this thread url)? That would help us with a scenario and see how we might be able to implement this.

Thanks!

Seb

0 Kudos
Automation Master
Automation Master

If you don't want the placeholders to be added to your workflow, I would suggest updating your on-prem workflow with actions that will migrate. It will be really hard to get a 1-to-1 migration on all your actions, but if you do some pre-migration re-work it will help your migrations go better.

0 Kudos