cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Workflow Hero

User Defined Action - Create List Item

Jump to solution

I have about 17 medium sized workflows. Each of them has a process where they create a list item after a task is completed. I want to simplify the process by putting it into a user defined action so I don't have to update it in 17 places each time - however I am not finding the option to Create a List Item in the Actions for a UDA. Am I missing something or is this just not possible?

Labels: (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: User Defined Action - Create List Item

Jump to solution

I will have a look when I'm online later but can you instead use a web service call to lists.asmx to create the item? 

Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

I've thought about that as a work-around but was hoping it would be more straight forward like it is for everything else. Funny I can create a list or even a site from a UDA but not a simple list item? 

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

You should have the Create item in another site action.  You can use that one, and just leave the site as the current site. 

Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

I don't see the option to create any item. I can Copy or Update even delete but not create? It seems wrong. These are the options I get under List/Library Actions.

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

What version are you using?

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

You may want to check with your admins to see if they may have disabled the action.  

Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Nintex Workflow 2013 (3.0.7.0) 

I am also a system admin. I did double check manage allowed actions, but I can see it is enabled (as I suspected because I can create an item from a Site or List workflow just not a user defined action). Unless there is someplace to enable actions specifically for UDAs that I am overlooking?

ETA: However in CA I did find the Create Item in another Site! And it does show up in UDA! Thanks so much. Getting things to format for the Web Service is such a pain!

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

You do not have the following workflow action (in red circle) when creating an UDA?

There is indeed no 'Create item' workflow action when creating an UDA workflow.

Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

I found it - it was turned off in CA as this farm only has one site we never had a need to turn it on.

0 Kudos