cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Updating Nintex for SharePoint - What you need to know

What you need to know when performing a product update:

1. You need Software Assurance to perform a product update.
    • To check if you have a valid Software Assurance contract in place, navigate to SharePoint Central Administration, open the Nintex Workflow Management section, and click on Licensing. If the Software Assurance or Premium Support expiry date is in the future, you'll be able to access the product update.

2. Once you update, you will not be able to rollback to a previous version
    1. When you perform an upgrade, changes are normally made to the database schema. Unfortunately those changes mean there is no easy rollback method that we can recommend or support.

3. Product updates will not remove any existing content form your SharePoint environment (i..e workflows and forms*).
    • *Note for Nintex Forms:
      • If you have any custom controls and JavaScript which have been configured in your environment, we recommend you test these after updating to ensure they have not been affected by the update as functionality may have changed.

4. SharePoint Install Account
    • Ensure the user account that is performing the Installation/Deployment (Windows user as well user logged into Central Administration) is the Farm Installation account and that it is a Local Administrator on the Server you are installing on. For information on how to set the farm install account, see Troubleshooting Nintex Deployments‌

5. Read the Product Release notes
    • The product release notes contain important information regarding product updates and bug fixes, it's recommended you always read the version history before updating.

6. Perform an install outside regular office hours
    • When you install Nintex products, it will cause an IIS reset. We recommend you install Nintex products outside regular office hours.

7. Nintex Live considerations
    • If you were running Nintex Live previously, ensure the Nintex Live checkbox in the installer is checked to ensure Nintex Live is also updated.

8. Database Update
    • Ensure you perform the database update step if applicable. If a product update requires a database update, this will be specified in the Release Notes.
    • To update the database: Navigate to SharePoint Central Administration. In the Quick Launch menu, click Nintex Workflow Management and then Database Setup. If a database update is available it will be indicated in green with an option to “Update now” . Click on Update now.

9. English version vs. International version?
    • Nintex for SharePoint 2016 and Nintex for SharePoint 2019 now use only one installation package which includes both the English and the International version of the installer.

10. Download the New Installers
    • To download a new version, you will need to have a valid Software Assurance or Premium Support contract in place.
    • Head to the Products page in your Customer Central instance to download the most recent build. You can submit a Support ticket if you don't have access to the Products page.

11. Release Notes
    • Release Notes can be found here in the community in the Knowledge Base.

Labels: (2)
Tags (1)
17 Replies
Not applicable

Re: Updating Nintex for SharePoint - What you need to know

Can you post some useful information what is best practices of Nintex 2010 to 2013 up gradation process , best practices etc

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hi Kamal, check this doc out Migrating/ Upgrading - What you need to know

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Thanks ton Emily !

0 Kudos
Not applicable

No worries!

0 Kudos
Not applicable

How can i find out if i have the international or the english version installed?

I have a sharepoint farm where nintex workflow 2010 was installed by another company years ago.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hey Gottfried, you can access the license info from SharePoint Central Admin, or from within the Nintex Workflow designer. See Nintex Licensing Information​You'll see the version type and number next to the Version field.

0 Kudos
joepaulk
Nintex Newbie

How do i download a specific version of nintex workflow 2013 or nintex forms 2013

0 Kudos
Not applicable

You can only get the latest version of nintex workfllow or forms from Product Downloads . If you need a specific version please contact Ask Support ​
0 Kudos
asfinag
Nintex Newbie

We are in a multi-farm Environment with Production, QA, and Dev Farms. I was wondering if there were any advice or guidance on how to coordinate the update process. My knee-jerk reaction is to build upwards, Dev then QA then Production. But after a some though I realized that the ContentDBs actually only move from Production down.

Is there anything?

0 Kudos