cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Update a form library with workflow

I have two form libraries with InfoPath forms. One library is called Projects and one is called ROI. When an ROI form is completed I would like workflow to update the Project form with a hyperlink to the ROI form that was just completed. I have been trying to use the update item function without any success. Can you tell me how to do this?

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Not applicable

Re: Update a form library with workflow

A few questions:

Has the InfoPath form field been promoted to the SharePoint library? If so, does that field allow updates?

Is it a newly added field? If so, old forms may not contain the XML node for the new field. Confirm by downloading the form, and looking within the XML document for the field you are trying to set. If it's not there, SharePoint will not allow you to set the field. You will need to come up with some strategies to instantiate the XML node (either via merge documents, or a form rule to set the field on form load if a blank is detected)

Hope that helps.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Yes the field has been promoted and allows updates. I have gotten to a point were I can use workflow to update the Project Form library with the URL but when you open the form it is just text not a link. If I change the field on the form to a URL I am not able to allow updates and then workflow doesn't work.

This is how my form displays

This is how the library displays

At this point I am going to say its more of a InfoPath/SharePoint issue then a workflow issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Are you using "Item Url" when you try to set the column?

I've had a similar this issue where I used ItemUrl and the workflow would not set the column.

Here is what I did to fix...

1. Create a promoted field (text) called "Form Link Test"

2. Place the text field into my InfoPath form, and changed the control to a hyperlink

3. Using a workflow - set the value of the text to (and I am going to borrow your URL to demonstrate):

http://projects13.mmi.net/_layouts/15/FormServer.aspx?xmllocation=/ROIForms/Name

where Name is the Item Property

I have an InfoPath form that links to another InfoPath form using this technique, so I'm fairly certain that SharePoint 2010/2013 does not need anything after the name in the xmllocation querystring parameter (the "?xmllocation=" part). Some characters can prevent the field from being set by Nintex.

Note - I used an InfoPath form rule to eliminate characters that require html encoding (space to %20).

0 Kudos