cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Support for Nintex 2010 for DR Envirnment

Jump to solution

Hi Team,

I have a customer where they have two Env such PRD and DR, in PRD they have 2 WFE , 1 app and 2 SQL (Active /Passive )

In DR they have 1 SP App and WFE and one SQL mirrored Copy , they have installed configured Nintex in PRD it is working fine , now it is required to setup the nintex in DR as well, is it supported in  Mirrored SQL configuration,

Share point is 2010 , SQL is 2008 R2 ,

any link to the documentaion which help to configure Nintex in DR server would be vetry much helpfull

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: Support for Nintex 2010 for DR Envirnment

Jump to solution

I've been able to configure this in a mirrored scenario using vRnager Dell software. In the DR, the VMs where exact mirrors and the servers had the same servernames in the OS. Since they were exact mirrors (kinda like log shipping on changes), I did not have to install anything on the DR servers. The failover test worked just fine. We were able to continue workflows that were waiting on tasks to complete while in failover mode. These servers were cold servers and essentially powered off.

If you have warm servers you probably cannot have the same servernames and thus could be subject to additional licenses. This is a very advanced scenario and may require some additional guidance. I'll share this post with others, but do you have a contact with Nintex for license questions?

Highlighted
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Sorry, I forgot to include this Disaster Recovery Planning Guide: Nintex Workflow​, you should make sure you review this documentation on Disaster Recovery setup for Nintex on how to consider for connection string changes and servername changes.

Not applicable

Jump to solution

Thanks Andrew , i have seen the above guide , is that applicable for SP 2010 as well

. I will get more info on Nintext licencse part soon

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Andrew's guidance is spot on in how to approach it.  A warm or hot DR server would require additional planning and looking at the licensing as well. An additional thing to consider is what exactly do you NEED to recover and what are your SLA, RTP and RPO terms.  All those play into what you may need to backup, and have available for restoration purposes.

I've done a fair amount of work in this space for some large enterprises and it gets expensive when the business starts wanting everything recoverable.  However, if the business is willing to pay for that failover safety net, then go for it.  From my experience, once they see the true cost of not only setting that up, but maintaining the recoverability and doing routine test to ensure it actually works, they usually are okay with some amount of data loss, even if its 6 hours or 1 business day, etc.

Lots to consider on this one, but thanks for the question.  Let us know if you have a Nintex partner you are working with or if we can get you in contact with one that can ensure you're setup for success in case of a disaster.

Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Yes it is!

Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Babu, do you have any further questions?

0 Kudos