cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Should i create a loop or run parallel action?

Jump to solution

I'm new at using Nintex workflows so please bear with me. I have a worklow that I need to build that will fill data from a list.  I have a list stored in my sharepoint (hidden) that for each site name, it needs to fill in the business mgr, operations mgr and work force mgmt's email box and then send the email to the WFM email box. Each site name has a diff bm, om and wfm email address.  However, I noticed that building 20 "set a conditions" by site name may not be the most efficient. I see some discussions about "loop" function and I see "run parralel" actions. But i don't know which one is best for my needs.  Thoughts?

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: Should i create a loop or run parallel action?

Jump to solution

I would use the 'loop' function. The parallel action just allows you to run multiple actions at once. But it wouldn't prevent you from setting all of those variables/fields.

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Re: Should i create a loop or run parallel action?

Jump to solution
  • Is all of this information in one list? or a list per site? Just double checking.
  • Also, it sounds like you want to run this workflow manually as a site workflow instead as a list workflow that runs based on an item being created.
    • In the workflow you can use the Query List action to first retrieve all of the list item IDs that match a query filter you provide (or just fetch all). Store this in a collection variable
    • Then do a For Each on the collection variable and store the value of the item being looped on (the ID) into a Single Line of Text variable
    • In the loop you can then Query List based on ID, and retrieve all the fields you need into variables and follow with a Send Notification
    • Each time you loop, the ID variable and field variables will update with the new item information.

If the list is truly hidden, then the name may not show up in the query list dropdown. If this is the case you can then use the CAML builder to query the list in the same action.

0 Kudos