cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Workflow Hero

Set value in form, based upon other field value

Working in SharePoint 2013 and Nintex 2013.

2 problems trying to solve - I had originally built this in WFs, but because I was attempting to update potentially 6 fields during an item modification, I was getting poor results due to the number of WFs firing. One of our SharePoint/Nintex solution architects suggested this could be better accomplished in the Form itself.

Editing my requirements - just realized that if my target fields/columns/controls are single-line text, then I will not be able to show "people presence", or able to sort or do list lookups on the dates.  Changing the field accordingly:

1) In a Form attached to a Custom List, I'm looking to set a value in a People-Picker field (list column), after a Date is entered.  The field I need to populate "By" is a People-Picker, and needs to be set to the "Current User" who entered/saved the Date field (list column).

2) In the same Form, I need to set a Date/Time field with the "Current Date" in "MM/dd/yy hh:mm tt" format, based upon the value of "Yes" resulting from the entry in a Check Box.

I have attached a screen shot of the form and related fields I am attempting to set values in.

My solution architect suggested that Java code in the advanced area of the control settings would be needed.

Any assistance will be appreciated

Labels: (1)
2 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: Set value in form, based upon other field value

Hi Mark,

Hope I'm on your track and here you go..

In a Form attached to a Custom List, I'm looking to set a value in a single-line text field (list column), after a Date is entered.  The field I need to populate "By" is a single-line text, and needs to be set to the "Current User" who entered/saved the Date field (list column).  --  for this i would suggest you to go with a Nintex Form Rule.

2) In the same Form, I need to set a single-line text field with the "Current Date" in "MM/dd/yy hh:mm tt" format, based upon the value of "Yes" resulting from the entry in a Check Box. --  again for this go with a inline function of getting the current date and you can try using Regular Expression validation  NWF  action. 

Hope this works,.

Thanks & Regards

Bashya Rajan A

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Re: Set value in form, based upon other field value

1. to make an action after date control changes you need to write onchange handler for it. have a look eg here how it could be done Having fun with Date / Time in Nintex Forms 

to set value of people picker field, see following page  

2. to get date in a custom format have a look on formatDate() function.

to capture checkbox change event you will need to write very similar onchange handler as I suggested in 1.

search trough the forum, I believe you will find plenty of good examples

btw, if your solution architect directs to make a solution this why don't you ask HIM for further details?

Accept as Solution Reply