cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Sent two Reminder-Emails to User before due date and send a notification email to admin on due date

Hi @ all,

i have a list to monitor licenses that hae an expire date of 1 year.

We have following columns:

"purchase date" - "reminder1-date" - "reminder2-date" - "expire-date"

based on the purchase date the dates are calculatet like this: 14 days before due date, 7 days before due date and 360 days from purchase date.. this works very well.

I want to send a reminder-email to the user on the two reminder dates and a notification to admins on the expire date.

I setup a workflow and trigger it manually to send an email on first reminder date, i could build two additonal workflows for second reminder date and ond for the notification mail on axpire date and this would work but i want to build only one workflow that send the email on every three scenario with different text and it should be run automated, could you please help to build the nested workflow to send scheduled emails?

thnx in advanced.

Orlando

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Re: Sent two Reminder-Emails to User before due date and send a notification email to admin on due d

Hi,

You can build the nested workflow like below.2020-02-26_20-47-17.jpg

The image is not for your scenario. Thought you already have workflows built separately, so giving a reference of one of the workflow I have implemented. Ideally, you can create the other two workflows in the same workflow. Just that, in Send notification action you can configure with different users (User/admin)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Re: Sent two Reminder-Emails to User before due date and send a notification email to admin on due d

I builed the workflow like that and when i start it manualy on an item (three dots - advanced - workflow) it works, i edited the items for testing reason so i get an item reaching first reminder date, one with second remionder date and one with the date to notify the admins.

My last question is: How can i schedule the workflow to run over all the items once a day?

Lizenzprüfung-WF.jpg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Hi!

You can schedule a site workflow to run daily at a particular time.

Site workflow logic:

Query list with a filter based on your reminder date columns on list., something like: ReminderDate1 = Today OR ReminderDate2 = Today OR ReminderDate3 = Today
And then loop through all items you get from the above query, and here you can use the logic that you already have on your list workflow.

But if you like to keep using the existing List workflow, create a site workflow with the following logic:
Query list -> No filters, get all items
For each of this item -> user Start workflow action which triggers your list workflow.

Finally, Schedule your Site workflow.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

As far as i understand i can create a Site workflow that triggers the list workflow.

Thsi option would be fine for me, unfortunatly i get stuck on that.

I created a site workflow, and in that i use a query list like that:

Query list -> No filters, get all items

But here i get lost:
For each of this item -> user Start workflow action which triggers your list workflow.

I dont know where to set this (For each of this item) --> ( user Start workflow action which triggers your list workflow)

And i've got en error message saing the the output is not configured!

please che the piucture.

Can i get more details how to set this up please.

Cheers, Orlando

Query-List.jpg

Finally, Schedule your Site workflow.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

any help how to do that?

0 Kudos