cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StuartMawer
Nintex Newbie

Schedule Site Workflow - Failed to Start

I have a scheduled site workflow which is set to run at 7am every morning forever. The workflow it runs simply generates todays date and updates a 'Today' date column on every item in a list.

The workflow does complete succesfully however it appears to keep looping and the 'last run' date in Site Workflow does not update (this remains on 'not run' status) which i believe is causing the loop. I keep receiving workflow errored emails every couple of minutes (failed to start..).

Can anyone help with this?

I have tried stopping and starting the Nintex Live Workflow Queue service.

I have disabled and reactived the Nintex Live and External Prerequisite service.

I am running SP2013 with Nintex Forms & Workflow 2013 on premise. 1 App server, 1 Web server & 1 SQL.

Many thanks in advance,

Stuart

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
kunalpatel1029
Nintex Newbie

Re: Schedule Site Workflow - Failed to Start

@StuartMawer .....What kind of loop are you using? My approach in your situation will be:

1. Query the list and get all the IDs and store it in collection variable
  2. Then for each ID I'll update that item's Today's date column

Also, I'll suggest you check the timer service in your farm too. Can you try to use list workflow instead of site workflow and see if that's working or not? Follow below steps for this approach:

1. Create a test list
  2. Create the workflow with above mentioned steps
  3. You can also scheudule a workflow on a list item too. Use the same scheudling configuration you have for site workflow

Let me know if either one approach works for you.

0 Kudos
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Hi,

This sounds like you have more than one Scheduler job running.
The following blog post has the NWAdmin commands you need to remove all the scheduler jobs and just install one.

https://community.nintex.com/t5/Best-Practices/Scheduled-Workflows-and-the-Nintex-Workflow-Scheduler...
0 Kudos
StuartMawer
Nintex Newbie

Thanks for this Simon. There are 3 instances of Nintex Workflow Scheduler (1 on each of my web applications).
If I remove 2 of these instances, would that cause issues on the web apps without the workflow scheduler?

(FYI - strangely, this morning the site workflow ran with no issue and logged last run time as expected.)

Thanks again
0 Kudos
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Hi.
As per the link in my previous post you only need one job for the farm.
If you have 3 jobs as I suspected you will see the issues you are seeing.
0 Kudos