cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

Retrieve information from multiline text

Hello Friends,

I have 6-7 multi-line text with plain text type columns present inside a repeating section. My question is how can I extract the info and display it in columns? I'm following this tutorial Populating Repeating Section Controls with List Data

However, I'm receiving XML values as output.

Thank you.

Tags (1)
6 Replies
Not applicable

Re: Retrieve information from multiline text

Any recommendations from anyone from this community?

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

The output from a repeating section will always be in XML, in workflow you can use the Query XML action to parse the values in XML nodes and then operate on them from within the collection they get stored in.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Hello Ryan, thank you for the reply. Unfortunately, I don't have the Query XML action in the list of the actions. Hence the reason for workaround. Kindly suggest an alternative

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

are you working on O365?

if so, have a look at docu how to activate the action http://help.nintex.com/en-US/O365/#O365WorkFlow/Workflow%20Actions%20-%20STD/Query%20XML.htm?Highlig...

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Hello Marian, thank you for the reply. I have already been thru that link. Since I'm just a site collection admin, I couldn't go to the store and activate the action.

Please suggest an alternative

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

I would suggest to contact your farm admin to enable it for you. it should be part of the product.

you may try to play with string functions but that will definitely not as straightforward and effective as using query xml action.

Accept as Solution Reply