cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cmikhaiel
Nintex Newbie

Responsive Design Limitations

I've tried designing one form in both Classic and Responsive design(s) and have noticed the following limitations in using the responsive design. It is a great feature but I want to collect what I can or cannot do with a responsive design, so the users would know why would we choose one style over the other?  

Can you please elaborate on what else you have noticed is different? 

Limitations of Responsive (compared to Classic Design) : 

1. Limited color/label formatting options.

2. Unable to show calculated "lookup" fields/functions from another list.

3. Unable to use Javascript (as it is not supported on mobile).

4. maximum of 4 columns (4 fields) aligned in one row.

5. Unable to overlap labels/descriptions of fields.

6. Unable to show/hide fields on the same spot based on condition. 

7. (not in all cases) I've personally experienced a very slow form when it contains multiple panels (about 15-20 panels) that show/hide based on yes/no selection. 

8. Form will render differently on each device, unable to control the layout based on device. Users will have to get used to whatever their device shows them

9. Unable to control which fields to show on mobile vs. desktop. 

For example: I had a situation where I needed to show calculated lookups on desktop and was hoping that mobile          will show it as well, but given the limitations of not having the calculated lookup function working on mobile, we          had to take them out just from the mobile version.

If I'm incorrect on any of the above observations, please correct me.. 

Thanks for your input.. 

Labels: (1)
3 Replies
Pyae
Nintex Newbie

Re: Responsive Design Limitations

I have added my experience and difficulties. Overall, the responsive form is easy to use, more flexible for controls to move around the form than classic. I like it .

3. Unable to use Javascript (as it is not supported on mobile). 

How to reset the fields in the Form with the Rules.

5. Unable to overlap labels/descriptions of fields.

How to format the label of fields, how to formatting the text inside the field?

8. Form will render differently on each device, unable to control the layout based on device. Users will have to get used to whatever their device shows them

In heading section (Nintex banner), difficult to control for separate image such as logo (not like banner) because we also have a title for each Form, it is rendering different size in design mode and view mode as well as mobile view.

0 Kudos
p_hernandezjr
Nintex Newbie

I've experienced the following with responsive form vs classical form:

A responsive form lacks the ability to have anonymous access

I only see the Nintex Live option in the classical nintex design.

Please let me know if I have missed something or if there is a work around.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Hi all,

Our UX team are doing some research into our style builder for Universal Forms. We would appreciate your feedback on your current experience in styling your forms in any platform.

If you would like to provide feedback, please fill out the survey at Applying styles in Nintex Forms 

Thanks,

Euan

0 Kudos