cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

Reporting (SQL) on data entered via a Nintex online form?

What is the complexity or hurdles to creating 'custom' reports on information that is stored in Nintex as entered through Nintex forms? For example only, if I had all the data entered in Nintex that would be required to generate a Resume, what is the process and how difficult is it to create a simple Resume Report with only the information I want to include?

Labels: (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
fccrous
Nintex Newbie

Re: Reporting (SQL) on data entered via a Nintex online form?

Hi Eric,

Can you expand a bit more on your requirement? 

How do you build your reports?

What do you mean with the Resume bit? Is this saving the form detail but nor submitting?

Not applicable

Francois,

I'm not sure how to exactly explain.  We don't currently build reports, but would like to.   We plan to create a new workflow using Nintex Forms/Templates for entering information that be will stored in Nintex (lists).  Currently, in a production Nintex workflow, we convert the online forms to .pdf after completion for printing, signing, and scanning back for storage purposes.  In order to make the workflow more efficient, we want to have all the required information entered into Nintex via online forms and then be able to query/pull specific information back out, and create a customized report/document that is professional looking and presentable (possibly in printed form).

I used a resume a just an example of a document, but is not what we are actually creating with the information we enter via our Nintex workflows

Automation Master
Automation Master

Its actually relatively easy to create custom reports if you are good at using reporting software such as SSRS.   Its having the knowledge (or lack of it) of the report builder tool that you will choose that will determine the complexity. 

Thanks,
Mike

fccrous
Nintex Newbie

Hi Eric,

Thanks for the information.  Whenever you input information through Nintex (that is not a site workflow) all the information goes into SharePoint lists. SharePoint allows you to build multiple views on a list which can serve as basic reporting that you might require.  I have one SharePoint list with almost 30 metadata fields and then also almost 20 different views to slice and dice the information in manageable view / reports for me, i.e. what documents are in what status, which are up for review, group by custodian.  I love the group by function. I use that a lot.

Mike M​ mentioned the SSRS reports that you can look at.  If you have the Enterprise agreement with Microsoft you can also look at downloading Datazen.  It needs a IIS server and you can build dashboards from SharePoint lists on the fly in 10 minutes. It took me about an hour to get Datazen installed and have my first report up and running. The nice thing about Datazen is that it already comes with a mobile app, so you will be able to push out dashboards to phones in tablets in no time.

Let me know if you need more info,

Francois

Automation Master
Automation Master

Did one of these responses answer your question?

0 Kudos