cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Panel providing a scroll bar in publish mode

I've recently witnessed a very strange behaviour within Nintex forms. Whilst in designer mode the panel is showing all of the labels & form controls yet when published a scroll bar appears. The same form contains other panels that are behaving in the correct manner i.e. all information is visible when the rule is triggered. Any ideas???

Published  Mode

Published Version.PNG

Designer Mode

Designer Mode.PNG

Labels: (2)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: Panel providing a scroll bar in publish mode

Hello,

Make sure the form isn't overlapping another control/form.  You might try moving it and adjusting it slightly on the design surface to see if it fixes the issue.  Sometimes the rules will cause one of the panels to act funny especially if you are hiding then displaying controls and you have several panels and rules going on at once. 

Thanks,

Mike

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Thanks Mike. Although your response didn't specifically answer my query, the sentiment did. Oh the nuance of nintex. Strangely removing the title of the panel was successful.

Very strange but thanks for your prompt.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

You bet, and I've heard of the removing title trick working in the past too, although that slipped my mind.  Thanks for posting!

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

I'll make sure support knows about this possible bug in the styling and see if that can be fixed. But go ahead and mark you response as the answer so others can find the solution in the mean time. Thanks for posting!

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Thanks Andrew, I have opened a ticket for someone to look into the issue and raise a bug if necessary.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Hi Aaron, any updates on the ticket. I have upgrade the nintex forms to the latest version of 2.9.3.1 and the issue still exist.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Hi, the vertical scroll bar was driving me nuts. I have around 6 panels in a forms and this vertical bar was appearing on just two of the 6 panels. Did a detailed analysis. Here's what I found

1. if the controls in the panel done span the whole width of the panel, then the vertical scroll appears

2. if a combination of controls (like label followed by a field) dont span the whole width of the panel, the vertical scroll appears

3. Add an empty label as the bottom most control of the panel (like the one that comes in the default nintex form just above the submit button) and span the width of the label to the width of the panel and height of the panel to be just (1px) more than end of the empty label

This worked on all my forms, let me know if it was helpful.

Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

I've just observed exactly the same issue in NF 365...so 2.5 years later it seems like this bug still exists. I spent a huge amount of time trying to eradicate random white space from some of my forms. I removed panel titles and the forms now behave as expected. 

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply