cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Nintex workflows web service call with ADFS authentication SP2013 unauthorised error

I have an Sharepoint 2013 on premise farm with ADFS enabled using Nintex Workflows Standard version to make a web service call to a library inside sharepoint

Before ADFS was enabled this was working properly, But after ADFS has been enabled when i try to test the service call by using the run functionality in Service call configuration action it shows an error "The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.", I have tried using the account which is site collection administrator and that account is able to run power-shell queries.

Tried to pass in the user name as domain\username  , email-id , adfs string | username

Is there any separate configuration required

Thanks for the any help

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Not applicable

Re: Nintex workflows web service call with ADFS authentication SP2013 unauthorised error

I've done ADFS from on prem to Sharepoint Online and I think the answer really depends on your environment. If you can authenticate to your ADFS server you should get a SAML response that you can use to authenticate with.

Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Re: Nintex workflows web service call with ADFS authentication SP2013 unauthorised error

How that Authentication to ADFS can be done when we are using a service call from Nintex workflow , Do i need to put some custom code or can i use some OOB service to do that. Can you please share how it was in your case and how you achieved it.

Your help is appreciated

Thanks

Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

In my case I authenticated to ADFS by calling the UsernameMixed endpoint of my ADFS server via a Web Request action and passed in the users credentials that way. I believe there is also a WindowsMixed endpoint that allows you to pass creds usinga stored credential from Nintex as well.

Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

If the default endpoint is enabled you'llbe looking for something like https://server/adfs/services/trust/13/windowsmixed

Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Did my answer help getting this resolved?

Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

HI, Kanwar Jot Singh​, did Adam Shortland​'s suggestions provide a solution? If so, can you select a "correct answer?" It's helpful for the community so people with questions like yours can search and find correct answers.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Thanks Adam for your reply, Apologies for the late reply.. I did tried to hit the above url to access the serivice on the ADFS server but got a http not found error. I am quiet new to this ADFS thing and don't have direct access to the server so i can not check the services hosted with ADFS server.

Can you tell me the exact service url that is there. so i can just try it from my end.

I have googled out and found ADFS endpoints

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/alikl/2011/09/30/how-to-use-ad-fs-endpoints-when-developing-claims-...

Thanks again for your help and prompt answer

Accept as Solution Reply