cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Migrating Nintex Workflows from SP2013 to SP Online

If a Nintex Workflow (either a list workflow or a site workflow) is exported from SharePoint 2013 on premise, can it then be imported successfully into Nintex Worklow in a SharePoint Online environment?

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Migrating Nintex Workflows from SP2013 to SP Online

From what I know, it depends on your actions.  Some actions are not available in O365 so they would not work or carry over.  I could be wrong altogether on that import working at all.  Lets see what someone who uses O365 more says.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Hey Larissa, unfortunately not, you can't import an on prem workflow into a Nintex Workflow Office 365 environment.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Thanks Emily for your reply.  Are you able to advise which actions will no longer be available in Nintex Workflow Office 365 (or point me to where I can find this information) please?  It sounds like we may need to recreate the workflows, so it would be good to know which ones we'll need to reconstruct.  Thank you.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Thanks Eric.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Highlighted
Not applicable

Sure! We don't have a comparison of the actions, but you can have a look at the Nintex Workflow Office 365 help files which list out the actions available in NWO365. Some of the actions are the same, but many are not. This should give you more of an idea of what's available.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Excellent, thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

No worries

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply