cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Lazy approval error with nintex

Jump to solution

Hi, currently we are having a scenario where we are using lazy approvals.

In a flexi task, we have enabled lazy approval.

The approver recieves an email with  lazy approval code as well. When he replies to the email, the corresponding task in the tasks list gets completed. Outcome = Approve.

But the workflow fails at the lazy approval step. when i check in the 'View Workflow history - it shows the message -

Unauthorized attempt to update workflow task by

i:0#.w|<domain>\<userid>,<emailaddress>. The response has not

been recorded".

But the same user is able to approve the workflow task directly from Tasks list, only with lazy approvals, the flexi task action is failing.

note: the task list item gets outcome set to approve/reject. only at the flexi task action, it fails with the above error.

Can you please support?

NIntex workflow version : Version: 3.0.7.0

Awaiting your reply.

Thank you.

17 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: Lazy approval error with nintex

Jump to solution

Sorry to hear about your issue. Just a quick verification, in the error message does it provide a user's information and you simply just removed that your post here? And if so, does it match the expected user?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Yes, It does display the user information. The exact error message is "Unauthorized attempt to update workflow task by i:0#.w|. The response has not been recorded”.

and yes, it matches the user's credential.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

LazyError.png

In the tasks list, when I try to manually approve through UI, the approval happens without any error.

Please refer to the error message screenshot in the workflow.

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

When you the admin tries to approve through the UI it works fine?

But what if the user who had the issue with LazyApproval attempts to approve through the UI, do they get the same issue?

If both are true, then the issue lies in the permission settings on the Workflow Task list.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

The user who is approving the request was given full control to the workflow tasks list, apart from that he was the site collection administrator. He is able to approve it through UI but with lazy approvals he gets error.

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue with an account that has Contribute and Site Collection Admin rights.

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Can you help me explain why the user ID for each note in the history is from system account? was the workflow started by the system account? Was it published by the system account?

I would recommend to publish and start the workflow as non system and see if there is a difference.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Did you find a solution for this? Unfortunately I'm facing the same issue right now.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

NO, couldn’t find a solution yet

0 Kudos