cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kkittinger
Nintex Newbie

Lazy Approval when set no notification on task

Hi Community,

A client I'm working with would like to use the ability that Lazy Approval brings but they don't want users bombarded with task emails due to the bulk of request that come through the system.  I know you can turn notification off on a task so it doesn't send anything to the users and found a post on setting up a workflow to then do bulk emails to them vs individual emails.  Now here is the question if you send users a bulk email of their tasks at hand can lazy approval still be used for the individual tasks the user has or will they have to have individual emails sent to them for them to use the Lazy Approval function?

Any insight into this is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Kevin

Labels: (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Not applicable

Re: Lazy Approval when set no notification on task

Hi Kevin,

Have a look at this document: LazyApproval Guide: Nintex Workflow 2013 & Nintex Workflow 2010

The document mentions that the Lazy Approval e-mail makes use of a token such as [#XXXXXX]. Thus you can't capture all approval emails together.

What you possibly could do is create 1 bulk e-mail with all their tasks and behind each task use the Lazy token in a mailto link like:

<a href="mailto:email@address.com?subject=[#XXXXXX]">Click to approve</a>

The only thing is, i'm not sure if you can get the Lazy Approval token in your e-mail.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hi, Kevin Kittinger​, if Ramses' answer is helpful, please select "correct answer." If not, feedback is always welcome!

0 Kudos
kkittinger
Nintex Newbie

That is very helpful information Ramses, thanks for the input. I'm going to look and see if what you suggested on the bulk email works but from what I've been reading and such that might not be possible but we shall see.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

i would say you are trying to have your cake and eat it too.

The point of Lazy approval is for users to receive an email and reply to it with "Approve".

If they don't want the emails then there is no point to lazy approval.

However you could send them an email with a list of their tasks with a link to a SP page with the tasks webpart where they can action all of their tasks.

0 Kudos