cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

LDAP Create AD User

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to create a workflow in 2013 to create an AD User.

I have an LDAP query that is working perfectly, but when it gets to creating the AD User it errors stating the folder location is incorrect.

Failed to create Active Directory account. An invalid directory pathname was passed

I have used the picker when configuring the function. I have even setup to use the root folder of the AD and it still does not work.

The current LDAP is;

LDAP://OU=Cyberlife,DC=Cyberlife,DC=local

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Labels: (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: LDAP Create AD User

Does the account you are using in the workflwo have access to that location?  Also try looking into your ULS logs to see exactly what SharePoint is saying about the workflow error.

Hope that helps.

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Hi, Can any one of you please help me on this issue? I am trying to create AD Account in Workflow, but I am getting below error,

Access is denied.

Workflow Hero

I think that the AD group needs to be already created and you may need to be an owner of the group to able to add to it. 

I would make sure of those two things first. Then you can log in the Error Message that you receive that is very helpful.

Try those things and let me know if you need additional help.

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Does the account really need to be an owner of the of the group to be able to add to it? Ownership gives all permissions to that service account which is not desirable. Would full control/ add/delete be sufficient?

0 Kudos