cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jpurser
Nintex Newbie

Is there a way to force a text field in forms to capitalize the first letter of the text?

Jump to solution

I have a form with two text fields,(first name/last name).  I would like the forms to format those fields with the first letter entered as a capital.

Labels: (3)
Tags (1)
11 Replies
shirin
Nintex Newbie

Re: Is there a way to force a text field in forms to capitalize the first letter of the text?

Jump to solution

You can achieve this by using custom css. please look at below step.

1. Add custom CSS into Form Settings.
    1. Click on Settings button on form designer
    2. Expand Custom CSS
    3. add new style like this: .transformToCapital {text-transform: capitalize;}
    4. Click Save
  2. Open Textbox control settings and expand Formatting
  3. Add Control CSS class value >> transformToCapital
  4. Publish form and it should work

Please let me know if it doesn't work.

Thanks,

Shirin

Not applicable

Re: Is there a way to force a text field in forms to capitalize the first letter of the text?

Jump to solution

@Shirin It's perfectly works.

I tried out the same

CapitalDemo.gif

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Beautiful gif!

0 Kudos
jpurser
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Thank you for this solution.  Works great!!

0 Kudos
burkslm
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

I thought the same thing!

0 Kudos
shaunlub
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Thank you very much. Very useful. I also used this method for transformToUppercase.

0 Kudos
bimi82
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

I tried this for all letters to be capital but it still does turns only the first letter to capital.
Any advise?

0 Kudos
bimi82
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

UPDATE:

.transformToCapital {text-transform: uppercase;}

mr_wells
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

This worked great for the form. My issue is it is not pushing all caps to the SP list. However when I view the form everything is in caps.

Any advice?