cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Workflow Hero

I am storing comments of five workflows in one list. How can I collect all the comments with a look-up function and return them in a Mail Notification?

Hi there!

I have five Workflows. Every Workflow stores a "comment" in a SharePoint List.

How can I send these comments (1 to 5 ) in a Mail Notification?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: I am storing comments of five workflows in one list. How can I collect all the comments with a look-up function and return them in a Mail Notification?

Do they all store to the same field?

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Re: I am storing comments of five workflows in one list. How can I collect all the comments with a look-up function and return them in a Mail Notification?

Hi Cassy,

I can configurate that however it would be better. I can store them in the same field and then they will be overwritten, but at the end I Need all comments from all five Workflows (5 different persons) to appear in the last notification mail that is send out by the last WF. I guess it is better to store the comments in 5 different fields?

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Could you elaborate the process a bit more?  These 5 workflows, are they site workflows or list workflows?  If a list workflow are they running on the same item?

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Have you tried using the build string action to concatenate the five different fields?

Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

if you have it as five fields you can simply add them to the notification using "insert reference" and choosing the item properties for all five fields?

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

I think this could be a good way.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

let us know how you get on.  screenshots help when you get stuck.

Accept as Solution Reply