cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to send a meeting request

I have not been able to find a solution to include a meeting request in a mail?

Basically a mail that include an .ics meeting request based on some of information provided in the form.

Is there any workaround to do this?

Labels: (2)
Tags (1)
9 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: How to send a meeting request

You can use the Nintex workflow action named "Create appointment"

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

To do that you need to have access to the users calendar on the Exchange server, and this seems to be rather complicated.

To include a .ics would be a much more elegant way.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

The only option I see is Create Appointment. Yes, you would have to have the username and password for the exchange server in order to do it. But if you have that, the rest should be easy.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Hi Morten,

You can actually use the attachment option in the "send notification" action to send a custom .ics file.

If you open the action config and go to: Add Attachment > "New File" and name the file as a .ics file, this will send as an actionable attachment.

ICS.png

You will need to actually write up the .ics manually, but this should be easy enough to figure out through the wonders of google if you can't do so already. There are plenty of templates available.

If you need to use information from the initial Form, I would suggest saving the required fields as Workflow Variables from within the Form itself and then using the "Insert Reference" option in the "Content" field of the attachment to insert them where required.

Note I haven't tested that specifically, but I see no reason why it wouldn't work. At worst you may just need to play around with the formatting a little using the string or regex actions.

Hope that helps!

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Hi

I am currently doing this myself

You can use the web service to achieve what you want, just change the things in bold

http://yoursite/_vti_bin/owssvr.dll?CS=109&Cmd=Display&List=%7BListID%7D&CacheControl=1&ID=1&Using=e...

For the ID I have placed a reference of courseID (|I am dealing with training courses) so it dynamically updates the dates, location based on the information from the item when the user opens the ics file from a link in the email which Nintex sends.

hope this helps

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Hi Jamie

The link do not work?

Thanks,

Morten

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Sorry Morten completely forgot to mention the list GUID you place in the string has to be a calendar

so

http://yoursite/_vti_bin/owssvr.dll?CS=109&Cmd=Display&List=%7BListGUID%7D&CacheControl=1&ID=<IDOFIT...

Yoursite - the address to the site where the calendar is

ListGUID - the GUID of the calendar

IDOFITEM - the ID of the event in the calendar.

If your list is not a calendar I would recommend using Alex Milton's solution and adding the references from the list. As the ics files I need to generate span across different time zones I found this the easier option.

Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Actually it's not that complicated. There is an install for your exchange server that adds a nintex extension, which offers additional services.

With this extension you only need an exchange user account which has sufficient permission and you're ready to roll. I used an account which is an exchange admin. This is all you need.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Nintex makes this easy providing the WebURL, ListID and ID references.  Just Build string inserting references , save as text variable, then add variable reference to the email.

<a href={Common:WebUrl}/_vti_bin/owssvr.dll?CS=109&Cmd=Display&List={Common:ListID}&CacheControl=1&ID={ItemProperty:ID}&Using=event.ics>add to your calendar</a>

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply